If you have a particular issue, here is where you can check for major updates or discussions. You can also leave feedback (suggestions, questions) for the game itself.
For bug reporting, please REPLY on this webpage using the button at the bottom. I am monitoring this daily. It allows other users to see what issues are genuine bugs, and where there are puzzles etc.
Unity edition, version 2.1.440 is live and stable
Ever since 2.0.075 it includes a necessary underlying upgrade of the Unity platform to 5.6.3. Unfortunately Unity has worsened in terms of mobile performance, and many developers are grappling how to rectify some of that. Current suggestions for devices where you experience slowness or occasional memory shutdown:
a) back up your savegame! a shutdown during file procedure can corrupt the active file. A backup saves you.
b) turn on the “reduced map size” on page 7 of the options. And turn CPU USAGE to second lowest level. You can also experiment with some of the other options there but the minimap is the worst culprit as it creates thousands of sprites, so my recommnedation is just having those two things.
c) notify me via facebook and let me know your experience. It helps me track things down.
Unity edition, version 1.9.330 is live and stable
I am most focussed on chapter3 expansion work as well as a ‘Dark Side’ spinoff (see details HERE), but changes below were made that had accumulated through feedback. Some smaller other ones I am still working through.
– added an ERASE MAP KNOWLEDGE performance option, as this reduces savegame file size and computation memory drain. Could potentially help lower memory devices reduce crash occurrence
– fixed an issue with baby floaters spawning n groups of trolls
– fixed resist evil spell wording in fight log
– Upon popular request: SPECTRAL DRAGONS! even nastier than golden dragon and diamond dragon.
– POISON DART can now be chosen as auto attack spell. if not in range, the actor advances towards the enemies.
– modified the fight speed formulas for attacks and moves. found a few things I wanted to tweak AND found a genuine error where monster’s SLOW curse would actually speed you up. Guys can no longer get unlimitedly fast (which was never intended, but simply not tested > level ~60 or so).
– class change will now trigger unsuitable equipment to be removed
– for those finding themselves BEHIND Kratos’ corpse, there is now an emergency teleport out of the cave
– no longer any accidental wizard insignia created that give berserker will skill+
– upon popular demand: a monk can now become an exorcist !
– every item the diamond dragon drops now has a 5% chance of being geomancer crystals. because some people sold all 13 sets before noticing the pub quest.
– Parnosz got reported in, now he can no longer charge 1 gold for supposedly ‘free’ ID’ing
– magic lore skill and spell books owned now contribute to slight improvement in from-use spell proficiency gain
– added one undead dragon guard to Zomok’s pets area. so the tough grind for a vengeance spawn is not required
– made sure item highlights (red) in inventory screen work properly
– fixed an issue where corrupted items can occur on shield changes
Unity edition, version 1.9.210 is live and stable
After many smaller updates that fixed bugs and introduced new features and skills, 1.9.210 is out and stable and probably a version that will stand for a fair bit of time. I am not focussed on chapter3 expansion work as well as a ‘Dark Side’ spinoff(see details HERE).
Unity edition, version 1.8.11 is live from 21st Sep
Many fixes and expansions. Addresses issues where spawners don’t spawn (Deluon and others), xp steps were fixed, many other tweaks to monster toughness and more random encounters.
If you find a specific boss monster not spawning, v1.8.11 should fix it.
Also added: weapon swap skill, flame arrows skill etc.
Unity edition, version 1.5.10 is live
Uses a clean savegame approach, but old savegame files were not deleted, if there are any remaining issues with savegames let me know. And please use the backup functionality. Still working on iCloud support to be added soon.
Unity edition, version 1.4.10 is live
It resolves a bug that made savegames disappear in 1.3.60. If you are experiencing savegames that have gone or are showing with 6 fighters at level 0, then don’t do any saving or changes, please close the app and upgrade to 1.4.
Version 1.3.50 is live on Apple store and without known bugs or crash issues.
Dungeons of Chaos is designed to work on as many devices as possible and back to at least Android 4.3, and we have not seen any issues on the devices we tested. If there are any, please report them to us. Please note though that we cannot guarantee it will work on all the 11,000 Android devices that the App store will make it available to. If your device has SMALLER screen size than 640×400, or RAM of 512MB or less, then the app may not perform in a way that is enjoyable. If you want to continue and true anyway, please enable all 3 performance options on page 7 of the ‘options’ menu, in particular the slow-safe option. Your OS may still shut the app down due to memory use and your savegames may be lost.