UPDATES will be made as required for bug fixing purposes, however it will also be a way by which the content will be expanded.
Since updates are coming frequently and mostly cover content amendments rather than bug fixes, here is a complete changelog for recent changes:
– save/load safety switch now blocks the other portion respectively
– introduced a DELETE SAVEGAME option. first need to enable in options, then in the load/new game menu you can delete savegames.
– fixed a bug that would remove the teleport point DOWN into a Bertelis tunnel.
– HEALING AURA and RESTORATION now properly work as auto heal actions.
– xp fight display now correctly shows reduced XP where it is reduced due to 2-cap level rule (actual XP gained was already correct, just not the display)
– fixed a bug where your stun ticker could accidentally become your poison ticker (and kill you sometimes.)
– changed the maximum stun a player or monster can receive from a physical hit (to twice his move speed/time)
– added a new golem arena challenge, including a fan-based boss end wave (kickstarter/patreon reward)
– ENHANCEMENTS. magical and non-magical ways to improve your items. Visit the smiths, wizards, and craftsman to see who can enhance your items! Number of enhancements possible depends on the craftsman and the effect, and some cost just gold while other cost talent points or more! Enhancements are PERMANENT, so choose wisely.
– made it less likely that people get stuck in auto-save end fight: no longer saves when going down chasm, and if found a savegame is there, chooses a different spawn point on load
– added an elven trainer for higher level of POINT BLANK SHOT skill
– gnome ancestry now works with mages and clerics
– small changes to lighting in indoor habitats
– fixed an issue with item creation resistance calculation where there are double benefits to one resistance
– many new cool player pics to choose from, covering race and gender varieties. Thanks to Kevin Fitzgerald for those!
– you no longer find useless spell book duplicates (instead find lower level of same spell. if all lower levels also owned, find nothing)
– fixes an issue with lvl 40+ exp requirements. triggered high xp requirement is adjusted on next load.
– with elven ancestry / intellect / carrie birth feat you are now ensured at least 3 / 4 / 3 mana gain on levelup
– changed item name display for NEW items. shows full item class now.
– added mana overclock trainers: Parnosz and Jaimar
– casting RESTORE on an ally works now
– you can no longer cast heal/restore/resist on a decoy
– new DECOY skill, for rogues and assassins. creates a passive detraction for mobs to focus on. lasts until destroyed. number of daily uses and decoy health depends on skill level. pre-existing parties get a starting proficiency for any rogue or assassin on next load, but need to wait for daily skill reset to use.
– added a properly potent RESTORATION spell, basically a MAJOR HEAL that heals a lot and deals with conditions like poison. Also nerved down the higher tiers of the normal HEAL spell. you want high end healing? consider a priest. HEAL now heals an amount based on spell level, not much relation to target’s max health. so useful in early stages not the end boss fights. RESTORATION heals 20-25% of health and minimum 400-600 so useful in all stages. existing priests get start proficiency on next load, all future priests get on guild change.
– MANA OVERCLOCK daily skill for mages. with ~double time cost and ~3-5 times mana cost, can cast a damage fight spell at higher damage output (3 times+)
– MILITARY TRAINING passive skill for fighter, knight, warrior. increases physical melee damage 1% per proficiency point
– MAGIC LORE now increases spell damage 1% per proficiency, and also mana funnel damage.
– corrected a formula that deals with beyond-classcap skill/spell advancement
– fixed a bug that made cooldown skills not be used despite them being in quick action bar
– fixed an issue with fight boundaries
– new auto attack behaviour controller: do not use cooldown skills that are NOT in the quick action bar of that player
– nature ally skill at super high levels (9+) can now result in a WYRM ally appearing
– nature ally is now a bit easier to advance
– summon dragon can at super high levels now cause an undead dragon ally to appear
– ‘tight-arse’ achievement. if you start a new party in this version and complete the game without purchasing any items, you get a +10% loot value achievement. does not work/apply to savegames in place before 1.9.590
– made the lich better at noticing players that are sneaking
expanded the river city arena challenges, and made them all a notch harder. but now together they have a birth feat achievement: DISPLACED.
fixed some minor issues with arena reward (the B.B.B.Bow) and arena movement and spells of mobs (lava)
player feats impacting health or mana now more correctly impacts level gains as well
experience gained by any player in a single combat is now capped at what it takes him/her to gain 2 levels
the crazy prisoner in the outlaw camp now states player deaths count, for those chasing the latest crazy achievement
– arena fighting! in the chapter 1 the starter cave has some basic fight practice offered by Wortas, and the river city in chapter 2 offers a fight arena once you re-establish the pub.
– skills and spells improve normally during arena fights, unless the aran challenge has been completed previously
– new achievements: zero death count up to chasm fight win (end of regular game), and <10 deaths. they both trigger new rare birth feats as well that you can use once the achievement is completed. One grants 35-50% shop price discounts for the party, per popular fan request.
– map notes! you can note make a note in the minima view, and colour code it and annotate it, and then zoom back to it later. good for missed doors or mob spawners you want to come back to.
– levers! USE function can set levers which alters maps, so will eventually be used to make puzzles and open doors/gates.
– more stats shown in character creation summary/end screen
– preparations for extra long device screens
– poison dark auto spell choice now selectable in all instances
– added an ERASE MAP KNOWLEDGE performance option, as this reduces savegame file size and computation memory drain. Could potentially help lower memory devices reduce crash occurrence
– fixed an issue with baby floaters spawning n groups of trolls
– fixed resist evil spell wording in fight log
– Upon popular request: SPECTRAL DRAGONS! even nastier than golden dragon and diamond dragon.
– POISON DART can now be chosen as auto attack spell. if not in range, the actor advances towards the enemies.
– modified the fight speed formulas for attacks and moves. found a few things I wanted to tweak AND found a genuine error where monster’s SLOW curse would actually speed you up. Guys can no longer get unlimitedly fast (which was never intended, but simply not tested > level ~60 or so).
– class change will now trigger unsuitable equipment to be removed
– for those finding themselves BEHIND Kratos’ corpse, there is now an emergency teleport out of the cave
– no longer any accidental wizard insignia created that give berserker will skill+
– upon popular demand: a monk can now become an exorcist !
– every item the diamond dragon drops now has a 5% chance of being geomancer crystals. because some people sold all 13 sets before noticing the pub quest.
– Parnosz got reported in, now he can no longer charge 1 gold for supposedly ‘free’ ID’ing
– magic lore skill and spell books owned now contribute to slight improvement in from-use spell proficiency gain
added one undead dragon guard to Zomok’s pets area. so the tough grind for a vengeance spawn is not required
– made sure item highlights (red) in inventory screen work properly
– fixed an issue where corrupted items can occur on shield changes
fixed a bug where you cast holy ward on an ally and fight freezes
minor syntax fixes
beach tile arena visuals fixed
targeted shoots (wisp, pixies) now work again
nature ally few TREE HUGGER now also gets you an overriding class cap of 99 irrespective of class.
berserkers now train 2h blunt and 2h axe skill. at high levels.
if you solo play, you now get a better chance at picking locks
fixed bugs in the epic dragon fights. hopefully all of them.
– new high-end boss location. contains rare demigod dragons
– made sure you cannot stun someone if your damage is zero
– divine favor now has many possible outcomes. healing, resist+armor buff, enemy undead damage, speed buff/debuff, holy ally
– some unarmed techniques now have stun and/or bleed chance (low though)
– minor fixes and typos
fixed issue where EXP achievement % is used for loot value gain instead of LOOT achievement %
when clicking ACHIEVEMENTS button in log view (with a party loaded, not from main menu), it now checks against those parties’ discoveries and kills to see if any achievements are now fulfilled
achievement popup now more golden colour
achievements! accessible in LOG screen. They are permanent, irrespective of savegames. They do not retrospectively update, you need to perform the task after 1.9.90 update is run.
unlockable birth feats and loot % / EXP % bonuses
One unlock able birth feat has a ‘summon dragon’ skill
– bug fix where summoned ally being attacked by lifesteal attack would freeze the fight
– intro button to take you to the DARK SIDE spinoff post/announcement
and if you missed 1.9.70:
ALLIES in fights: most common way to see this in action is the new NATURE ALLY skill for rangers (and less so, druids on rare occasions)
6 more savegame slots
in indoor maps, the ‘till sunrise’ rest option is now replaced with ‘till skill reset’
– DISPEL spell for wizard (and mage/geomancer at lesser extent). can dispel some of the active fight effects, whether good or bad. is granted on guild entry to wizard, and spell books now spawn as well
– HOLY WARD daily skill for cleric. shelters the target for a period of time from any negative effect from active fight spells (those listed in grey in top left of arena view), while receiving all positive ones. trainer for this is the cleric in the cave, but costly and only rudimentary.
– resist spells now last longer, mostly at higher levels though
– option to decide what you party icon looks like (on page 5 of the options)
– fixed a bug where a player dying from poison when others had already fled will crash the fight
– dodge skill can now slowly advance from use.
– “of stoning” items no longer spawn as that damage/effect is not implemented yet
– mobs calling for help will no longer get help in unlimited amounts unless reasonable in the circumstances.
– scaled down endure elements skill for higher difficulty levels
– nerfed down shadow pixie magic damage
– it is now more dangerous being flanked by 3 or 4 enemies as their crit chance goes up (if their attack had at least a small crit chance in the first place). you still get a full crit resist check though to avoid it. same applies to monsters being flanked by 3 or more players (and small effect if by 2)
– new birth feats (won’t give too much away): halfling ancestry, gnomish ancestry,
– made some more belt types available for monks
– high STR and DEX still increases resistances, but no longer unlimited. max resistance boost from STR/DEX alone (before item bonuses and on top of birth start stats) is now (38 – difficulty). Difficulty is 1-8 with 8 being suicidal. So on suicidal, it caps at a resist bonus of 30 which you reach with a strength of about 28. On normal, it cap at 35 which you get at strength of 31.
– noticed a mistake in the character generation values for speed. came up too high in some cases. will no longer occur for any new character created from now on.
– new feats! and slight changes to dynamo and node master feat, now both have some resistance downsides
– wiki help button for FEATS now also included in character creation screen
fixed an issue for passive skill gains not causing skill increases
nerfed skill and spell gain in super long fights
many smaller fixes (no escape skill gain, unarmed damage STR impact, capped the additional STUN chance bonus you can get from strength above and beyond the items original blue to an extra 15%, disabled stun chance % bonus from strength for slings)
archer in cave now trains a bit of determination
STR now has a good impact on unarmed damage
assassin guild quest goal is now 50 mon type kills, not 40
shadow pixies (and some treasure) in lava cave off-path
bloated zombies in island map
frost zombies in icy cave and icy valley
adjusts accuracy factor for backstab. now a sure hit as intended, and resistable crit hit
changed stock in elf city
made sure multi map spawners (like gnome burrows and troll lairs) don’t remain invisibly there
fixed issue with SWAP routine
fixed certain insignias being created for invalid spells
swap weapons in inventory now works properly
new skill acquired/trained (like weapon swap) now shows the skill with pic (instead of unknown) in skill summary view
higher chance of mercenaries (with conjurors or archers) to spawn at edge of elf forest
fire bolts shot from some monsters used to miss when not intended to do so, fixed now
tweaked the crude revival technique just make sure it always grants at least 1 hp
DODGE skill. passive, adds to evasion score. with a high class cap, and considerable starting skill, for monks and rogues.
fixed the messages when using a weapon swap skill without having 2 eligible weapons readied
BACKSTAB skill for rogue. 100%hit. 100% crit chance but resistable by target. only against flanked adjacent targets, using non-ranged weapons
shield stat now properly calculate again
made it more likely to find minor insignia in the orc huts (chests)
meteor spell damage no longer boosted by holy chant boost
few typos and minor fixes
added the WEAPON SWAP skill. the main user is the ranger, but at low proficiency a fighter can also train in this a bit. Allows for 1h weapons or ranged weapons to be available for a quick swap during combat. The off-hand item slot is used for this, so no shield is usable while you have a bow or 2nd weapon ready. Trainers: Bertelis in the castle (a lot) and Wortas in shelter (just to 1)
fixes an issue with monster groups from previous map causing spawn count issues. If DELUON the evil tree or another boss monster did not appear, this may fix it. Else please let the developer know over the Facebook group.
added a class specific help link/button to the character generation screen
XP formula has been fixed, XP requirement is no longer reducing in some levels
Deluon is now throwing boulders to back rows even if players are adjacent, and his wolves can come from all sides, and <50% health he can summon one huge bear
ranger can now join marksman guild. still working on his weapon-swap skill, that will come in one of the next updates. that will be his initial expertise: melee and ranged mixed capabilities
archer (and marksman) can now use a daily skill ‘flame arrows’ which adds fire damage to your next few shots. archers will have a small proficiency from the start, and the bowman in the shelter, village and elf city can also train.
made sure Kratos is firing lightning balls throughout fight and not just before people get close to him
in-fight change to fight auto speed now possible
about a 50% boost to duration of spell based buffs such as resist spells or haste
fixed an issue with avatar insignias in the insignia shop
fixes issue with pictures in quick action selection screen
fixes issue with Daklos pub quest
nerfed down Ryld side-spawns
improved evasion of chapter 2 monsters (saw hit rates of 100% for many players in Evan’s videos. Not acceptable)
adding a few more random encounters to overworld maps. easy for starter island, more tougher for icy valley and mountain path. huge bears for the mountains, and more mercenaries and archers and conjurers for the green valley around the elf forest.
fixed an issue with light being cast when daylight option is OFF
removed Kickstarter button in favour of play through video button
TAUNT skill now has a noticeable chance to prevent monsters from favouring to flee the fight
fixed the ‘not defined’ attack message after using ignite or magic rupture auto
nerfed down shadow beast. a bit.
fixed fight log showing one page too much
fixed ‘dark channeling’ messages
replaced lave flow tiles with simple stone tiles for fight arena visuals
fixes an issue of duplicate monster counts
adds fight arena variable layout: ground, trees, rubble etc.
an EXIT button for Android, from the main menu
added ant colony and queen
nerfed down the lich (teleport frequency, spectre spawn frequency etc)
made vs. undead ranged weapons more likely to spawn
added bow maker quest, yielding a vs undead bow
fixes cooldown time of mana funnel
fixed an issue where monster groups could become invisible
fixed occasional hang on dungeon creation
fixed the health recovery from a blood fountain
fixed issues with item prices
grey view on known blocked map tiles now works in daylight OFF mode
auto heal now properly triggers spell advancement
graphical glitch in beholder abyss
previously seen map areas are now visible (greyed, but without monsters) and clickable!
dynamo damage fix, and now scales slightly with level
the dummy ‘bent dagger’ created when item creation specs fail now works properly
fixes the insignia gained on wizard guild join
fixed the wisp so he does not suffer ‘vs undead’ damage effects
fixed an issue with sparta+ loot values
made ALL savegames now save as extra files. should make it all even safer to handle for the app, and quicker to perform a save.
you can now BACKUP and RESTORE from a file saved separately to ‘Playerprefs’. More functionality to follow later.
auto tactic ‘heal’ now works just with proficiency in healing aura
auto fight attack spell can no be IGNITE, MAGIC RUPTURE OR METEOR
elder dragons can now appeal to ZOMOK for vengeance when close to defeat. Can cause an ancient dragon or undead dragon to appear. Very good loot but quite dangerous!
fixed an issue with levelling up dead characters
daily uses left for a skill is now displayed in the skills section for a player
fixed an issue with item highlights if you moved them from inv to stash
shop item replenishment fine-tuned
better loot (value) for sparta+ difficulty
made sure target attack clicks in fights work properly
corrected the way spell increase > class cap work
tunnels are not fully revamped, but some first incremental changes have been made.
Unity edition, version 1.9.330 is live and stable
I am most focussed on chapter3 expansion work as well as a ‘Dark Side’ spinoff (see details HERE), but changes below were made that had accumulated through feedback. Some smaller other ones I am still working through.
Unity edition, version 1.9.210 is live and stable
After many smaller updates that fixed bugs and introduced new features and skills, 1.9.210 is out and stable and probably a version that will stand for a fair bit of time. I am now focussed on chapter3 expansion work as well as a ‘Dark Side’ spinoff (see details HERE).
Unity edition, version 1.5.10 is live
Uses a clean savegame approach, but old savegame files were not deleted, if there are any remaining issues with savegames let me know. And please use the backup functionality. Still working on iCloud support to be added soon.
Also fixed the hang on dungeon creation. Previously there was a ~50% chance that abandoned mine or the castle DEPTH dungeons (and a few minor others) could hang on first entry (or RE-entry in case of the DEPTH one when it is reset for another 15,000 gold).
Also introduces option (ON by default) to have previously known map areas shown as grey, and clickable for pathfind-walking.
Unity edition, version 1.4.10 is live
It resolves a bug that made savegames disappear in 1.3.60. If you are experiencing savegames that have gone or are showing with 6 fighters at level 0, then don’t do any saving or changes, please close the app and upgrade to 1.4.
Version 1.3.50 is live on Apple store and without known bugs or crash issues.
Brought with it a number of changes:
– BACKUP and RESTORE to mitigate rare file corruption issues
– auto tactic ‘heal’ now works just with healing aura, more auto fight spell choice
– elder dragons can now appeal to ZOMOK the dragon god for vengeance…
– fixed an issue with levelling up dead characters, and item highlights, shop replenishment, target clicks, advancement over class cap.
– daily uses left now displayed
– better loot (value) for sparta+ difficulty
– first changes to castle tunnels (more to come)