Trying to decide which new skills and spells add the most tactical depth, retain class balance, make advanced classes interesting and desirable, pave the way for the party to become powerful enough to fight some REALLY nasty enemies without making them all-too-powerful.
Current skills and spells I am considering , I will keep adding to this:
- SKILL (knight; cooldown) DEFENDER: increases evasion for adjacent allies.
- SKILL (???; daily) SURGE: boosts speed by 100 for 250 ticks (~3 normal turns turn into ~5 turns)
- SKILL (berserker; cooldown) SMASH: stuns all adjacent enemies, high chance and effect, but no damage. good if you really have to tank. or if you want to not take any damage against a medium type enemy
- SKILL (Exorcist; daily) HOLY LIGHT: 10-15 base damage but 500%-1500% undead bonus! range widens with skill level…
- SPELL (Exorcist) HOLY WATER: sprays holy water on a target. if undead, deals ongoing damage for a long time.
- SPELL (exorcist) BANE: massive spell cost, but massive damage to an undead creature, stunned if not killed
- SKILL (exorcist; daily) TURN UNDEAD: very exhausting, but can clear the ranks of undead…
- SPELL (priest) HEALING AURA: heals all but best if close by. costs lots. makes dizzy. [IMPLEMENTED]
- SKILL (priest; cooldown) SONG OF HEALING: low but ongoing healing… ?? starts of with very minor heal impact, but powerful at higher levels because it is an unlimited skill (cooldown not daily)
- SPELL (priest) MAJOR HEAL: strong version of heal, cures all conditions, and can revive the undead out of combat with OK chance
- SPELL (priest) RESURRECT: 100% chance to revive with 50% health, even IN combat ! (where to place? no corpse?)
- SKILL (monk? ranger?; daily) REVEAL: shows all monsters HP bars for a while. DAILY skill but many uses per day …
- SPELL (geomancer) GEOBLOCK: resistance to all elements and for all players. impact and duration inc by level… but geomancer immobile for the duration…
- SPELL (wizard) SLOW. very costly and difficult to learn, but powerful indeed. magic resistance has SOME softening impact on the outcome although not fully nullified either way
- SPELL (archmage) MASS SLOW. super costly and immobilises the caster. but well worth it.
- SPELL (geomancer+) IGNITE. sets all foes on fire, not simply dealing initial fire damage but ongoing fire damage! not very costly, however not very strong either.
- SPELL (exorcist) DIVINE LANCE. long range vs. undead spell (magic+physical with high %). needs LOS. cannot miss.
- SKILL (samurai; cooldown). FLURRY. you channel your ki to make a triple attack against one target.
- SKILL (samurai, assassin; daily). WARP. like shadow shift but any square and super low time cost.
- SPELL (??) TOXIC CLOUD. high poison impact. area effect. no range limitation! (conjured), just LOS needed.
- SKILL (warlock, archmage. less so: wizard; daily) DUEL. you attempt to drain a target of its spell points by investing your own. your power vs. their power determines the outcome. a true warlock does not wait for many punches to be thrown. He wants it settled right away: who is the master?
- SKILL (assassin; daily) FOUNDATION. melee range. you prick the target with a specially selected substance, preoccupying the targets immune system and making it much more susceptible to poison (reduce resist by 3/4 but not below 10%), unless the subject is immune to poison (=>99%). does not last very long and cannot be used often per day.
- SPELL (druid, geomancer) STORM. a bit like lightning strike, but hits ALL enemies. good to clear the battlefield of minions. very few enemies have strong resistance to lightning.
- SPELL (geomancer) SHOCK. an electric charge dedicated to paralyse an enemy. the higher the spell level, the longer the duration. game changer at high levels as this is a ranged spell you can use to influence how some fights on the battlefield develop, or to stop monsters from advancing too quickly at you.
any suggestions or feedback reply below or email me at dungeonsofchaos @ gmail.com.