Have just taken stock of all the bits and pieces I still need to do and conceded two things:
a) once finished it would create a ‘Chapter 2’ that is about 4 times bigger than Chapter 1.
b) I got no chance finishing this in a few weeks.
So I am about to re-define where I will draw the line, I think if Chapter2 has twice the depth and content than Chapter1 then it will please the masses, and waiting much longer for an even bigger release would not actually be a good idea because it means people have put down the game for too long.
So I am now taking the following into consideration when defining Chapter2, with a view to release before the end April:
– includes ability to change SOME classes (where the storyline develops that you encounter the respective guild: warriors, knights, priests for sure, probably also geomancer, exorcist, assassin. unlikely: warlock, marksman, samurai). I want class progression to be linked to side-quest achievements so that is why it requires content being built. Half-way through this and about to build the actual user interface for it which should not be too complicated.
– includes class insignia. DONE.
– includes new spells and skills. Still a fair bit to do on this front. I am not short on ideas but I want things to be balanced, so am trading carefully.
– more challenging monsters. DONE.
– enough off the track exploring. DONE for the maps developed so far. Still need to beef up the northern valley, swamp, frost mines.
– NPC depth and some interesting characters and jokes. on the back burner. hope to get this done when all else is finished.
– some meaningful randomised locations, with two being infinite re-creating locations. for those that like to grind. Concept is done but they are not built yet. I want to include a way that these have rare chances of spawning a really challenging location. just need to find some headspace to design this.
– what will not be included in Chapter2 under this approach is a direct confrontation with the evil forces, that will then be Chapter3. Maybe I will make it so that they have split up to spread terror and you can kill some of the winged ones in specific settings in Chapter2.
If people want to help me, they could:
– email me with some suggestions on spells and skills. Always looking for something that is not just brute force but a balanced special feature that adds tactical depth: something powerful but short range, something area effect but not good against all types of enemies. Something that drains a lot of spell points. Something only useable once or twice a day. Something that leaves the user/caster with a debut (slow/paralysed/stunned for a while).
– some suggestions for pure stand-alone mini locations/hidden treasures
– funny little villages. I have to build some for the valley and these take time. Something like the “All the way INN”.
Email me at dungeonsofchaos @ gmail.com with any suggestions!
And thanks for waiting. I promise it will be worth it.