So much to do. Exciting but also tiring, I am building concepts, storyline and maps.
Main storyline is finished, an A3 sheet of paper full of font size ~4 writing:
Current view is that Chaper2 will have:
- twice as many locations as Chapter1, of equal or bigger size (status 1st February: I have built 8 of about 40 already);
- a doubling (at least) of monster types;
- a higher ‘baseline’ difficulty. not only boosting monster speed, accuracy, AC, hp but also trying to make some monsters be more nasty in terms of target selection;
- the ability to change player class. Note: most classes have 2 advanced classes to choose from and the choice if final, and you pretty much have to work pretty hard (quests, discovery) to be allowed to change class;
- more items. First of ~20% more items in each item class, but also a new item class altogether, using the vacant 12th item slot in a player’s equipment. Working title ‘class insignia’, it will be very restrictive in that each class has their own. A cleric or priest or exorcist can wear a holy cross for example. I will allow a wide range of attributes for these, even those otherwise restricted to weapons for example (life steal, damage+ …). Here is early impression of graphics I intend to use for them:
Will also add bits to the sneak peek page as a repository.